Instructions For Use
Ensure product is at room temperature before use.Do not use non-polar solvent on samples prior to applying this medium.
1. Rinse slide for mounting with distilled or deionized water, touch-dry slide edges on paper towel and place slide on flat surface.
2. Invert vial and open dropper to remove air bubbles.
3. Apply 3-4 drops of mounting medium directly onto specimen and tilt slide back and forth to distribute evenly. A plastic pipette tip may also be used for spreading, taking care not to damage specimen. Remove excess medium by touching slide edges on paper towel.
4. Leave slide to stand for 1-2 hours at room temperature (25o
C). Alternatively slide can be heated for 40-60 minutes at 37-40o
Mounted slide can now be visualized under a microscope:
1. For oil immersion lens, the oil can be dropped directly onto the mounted specimen, once the mounting medium has dried. A coverslip is not required.The oil can be later removed by wiping with Kim wipes.
2. For oil immersion lens, apply 1-2 drops of preferred organic mounting medium on top of dried mounted specimen and cover with coverslip.
To remove coverslip or mounting medium, soak the slide for 5-10 minutes in warm water (37o
C) until medium is dissolved. Give slide final rinse in warm water. Remount if required.