Parainfluenza Virus 2
Parainfluenza virus 2 is one of four serotypes of parainfluenza viruses in the paramoxyvirus family. Parainfluenza viruses are the second most common cause of lower respiratory tract infections in young children. Parainfluenza virus 2 causes upper and lower respiratory tract illnesses and croup.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Inactivated Parainfluenza virus 2 - liquid
- Parainfluenza virus 1, VP1 strain, cultured in Vero cells. Optimally infected monolayers are harvested, disrupted by sonication and subjected to low speed centrifugation. The clarified cell lysate is pooled with supernatant from the infected culture and concentrated using crossflow ultrafiltration with a 30,000 molecular cutoff. The antigen preparation is inactivated using gamma radiation.
- Buffer Solution
- Tissue Culture Media
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- This product has been rendered inactive by standard procedures. However this material should still be handled as infectious and should be disposed of appropriately.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Total protein concentration 2.4 mg/ml
- Store at -70oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- For research purposes only
Applications of Parainfluenza Virus 2
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Instructions For Use
- This product should be sonicated immediately before use to ensure the preparation is uniform. The product may be used in a variety of immunoassay formats or may be further purified to meet the requirements of a particular assay format.
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra