Parainfluenza Virus 2
|Native Parainfluenza Virus 2 contains a high concentration of virus and viral components. The preparation also contains some cellular material suspended in Tissue Culture Media.
Parainfluenza virus 2 is one of four serotypes of parainfluenza viruses in the paramoxyvirus family. Parainfluenza viruses are the second most common cause of lower respiratory tract infections in young children. Parainfluenza virus 2 causes upper and lower respiratory tract illnesses and croup.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Inactivated Parainfluenza virus 2 - liquid
- Parainfluenza virus 1, VP1 strain, cultured in Vero cells. Optimally infected monolayers are harvested, disrupted by sonication and subjected to low speed centrifugation. The clarified cell lysate is pooled with supernatant from the infected culture and concentrated using crossflow ultrafiltration with a 30,000 molecular cutoff. The antigen preparation is inactivated using gamma radiation.
- Buffer Solution
- Tissue Culture Media
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- This product has been rendered inactive by standard procedures. However this material should still be handled as infectious and should be disposed of appropriately.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Current, batch-specific concentration 2.4 mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Instructions For Use
- This product should be sonicated immediately before use to ensure the preparation is uniform. The product may be used in a variety of immunoassay formats or may be further purified to meet the requirements of a particular assay format.
Please Note: All Products are "FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY"View all Anti-Viral Products
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up