Influenza B Antigen
Native Influenza B Antigen
- Product Type
- Influenza B Antigen
|This product is a native influenza B antigen. Influenza is an acute infection of the respiratory tract caused by the Influenza virus, of which there are several different types.
Influenza B is only known to infect humans and seals. Influenza infection in humans causes chills, fever, pharyngitis, muscle pain, headaches, coughing and weakness. The virus is transmitted through the air by coughs or sneezes or through saliva, nasal secretions, faeces and blood. Infection may occur through direct contact with infected bodily fluid or contaminated surfaces. Influenza B viruses mutate slower than Influenza A, but fast enough that lasting immunity is not possible. The slower mutation rate and limited host range makes Influenza B less like to cause pandemics than Influenza A.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Inactivated Influenza B antigen - liquid
- Influenza B, strain Hong Kong 5/72, cultured in MDCK cells. Clarified and concentrated cell culture supernatant. The antigen preparation is inactivated by gamma radiation.
- Buffer Solution
- Eagle's Minimum Essential Medium
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- 20480 HA units/ml as determined by hemagglutination endpoint assay.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Current, batch-specific concentration 1.15 mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- Guaranteed until date of expiry. Please see product label.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Instructions For Use
- The preparation might be slightly cloudy or contain minor precipitate upon thawing. Do not sonicate and do not clarify prior to dilution at least 10-fold with working buffer.
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up