Influenza B Antigen
Influenza B is only known to infect humans and seals. Influenza infection in humans causes chills, fever, pharyngitis, muscle pain, headaches, coughing and weakness. The virus is transmitted through the air by coughs or sneezes or through saliva, nasal secretions, faeces and blood. Infection may occur through direct contact with infected bodily fluid or contaminated surfaces. Influenza B viruses mutate slower than Influenza A, but fast enough that lasting immunity is not possible. The slower mutation rate and limited host range makes Influenza B less like to cause pandemics than Influenza A.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Inactivated Influenza B antigen - liquid
- Influenza B, strain Hong Kong 5/72, cultured in MDCK cells. Clarified and concentrated cell culture supernatant. The antigen preparation is inactivated by gamma radiation.
- Buffer Solution
- Eagle's Minimum Essential Medium
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- 20480 HA units/ml as determined by hemagglutination endpoint assay.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Total protein concentration 1.2 mg/ml
- Store at -70oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein.
- Guaranteed until date of expiry. Please see product label.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Influenza B Antigen
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Instructions For Use
- The preparation might be slightly cloudy or contain minor precipitate upon thawing. Do not sonicate and do not clarify prior to dilution at least 10-fold with working buffer.
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra