- Product Type
- Neisseria gonorrhoeae
|Neisseria gonorrhoeae is a non-motile, Gram-negative aerobic coccus with a typical outer membrane composed of proteins, phospholipids and lipopolysaccharide (LPS). Neisserial lipopolysaccharide has a highly branched basal oligosaccharide structure and no repeating O-antigen subunits, also referred to as lipooligosaccharide (LOS).
Neisseria gonorrhoeae is responsible for the sexually transmitted infection gonorrhoea, a type of urethritis. The infection is characterised by a purulent discharge, but asymptomatic infection is a major problem. Neisseria gonorrhoeae could also cause conjunctivitis, pharyngitis or proctitis. The infection can be treated with antibiotic effective against resistant strains.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Inactivated, homogenised Neisseria gonorrhoeae - frozen
- A homogenised pure bacteria.
The preparation is inactivated by heat treatment at 56°C for 3 hours. Inactivation is confirmed by no visible colonies on permissive plates after 5 days.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- This product has been rendered inactive by standard procedures. However this material should still be handled as infectious and should be disposed of appropriately.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Current, batch-specific concentration 0.37 mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Please Note: All Products are "FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY"View all Anti-Bacterial Products
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up