Native Chlamydia trachomatis
- Product Type
- Chlamydia trachomatis
|Chlamydia trachomatis is a nonmotile, Gram-negative human pathogen. It undergoes a unique biphasic developmental cycle, forming elementary bodies extracellularly and distinctive intracellular inclusions. The elementary body is infectious but metabolically inactive, cannot replicate and lacks detectable peptidoglycan. The major outer membrane protein (MOMP) comprises a large percentage of the outer membrane and is a transmembrane protein with type, species and genus reactive epitopes. The outer membrane also carries a heat stable lipopolysaccharide containing the reactive epitopes used for genus specific serological tests. There is structural similarity and antigenic cross-reactivity between chlamydial and other Gram-negative LPS moieties.
Chlamydia trachomatis is a common sexually transmitted bacterium. Chlamydia infection may cause proctitis, urethritis, trachoma (an eye infection and the leading cause of blindness worldwide) and infertility in both sexes. Prostatitis and epididymitis may occur in men and in women infection might lead to acute or chronic pelvic pain, pelvic inflammatory disease, cervicitis and ectopic pregnancy. In neonates the pathogen may cause trachoma and pulmonary complications.
Chlamydia trachomatis (PIP004 contains a high concentration of elementary bodies and chlamydial components in phosphate buffered saline. Residual host cellular material is present.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Inactivated Chlamydia trachomatis - liquid
- Mouse L cells are infected with Chlamydia trachomatis LGV type II strain 434 elementary bodies. Optimally infected cells are harvested and disrupted by sonication in phosphate bufffered saline. Cellular debris is removed by centrifugation. The antigen preparation is inactivated using gamma radiation, which primarily damages chlamydial genetic material.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- This product has been rendered inactive by standard procedures. However this material should still be handled as infectious and should be disposed of appropriately.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Current, batch-specific concentration 4.7 mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- Guaranteed for 12 months from the date of despatch or until the date of expiry, whichever comes first. Please see label for expiry date.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein.
- Instructions For Use
- PIP004 should be sonicated immediately before use to ensure the preparation is uniform. The product may be used in a variety of immunoassay formats or may be further purified to meet the requirements of a particular assay format.
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up