Bio-Rad's Antigen unmasking fluid is a heat induced, epitope retrieval system. The 'universal' formulation is suitable for use with most antibodies and gives excellent preservation of tissue morphology.
Approx. Protein Concentrations
Reagents In The Kit
Preparing The Antibody
Bio-Rad's Antigen unmasking fluid is supplied as 3x concentrated fluid. Crystals in the fluid will dissolve during heating before use.
Store at room temperature. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
Please see label for expiry date.
For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Immunohistology - Paraffin
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Histology Positive Control Tissue
Instructions For Use
1. Deparaffinize sections and re-hydrate.
2. Dilute concentrated Antigen unmasking fluid 1:3 with de-ionised water (1 part Antigen unmasking fluid:2 parts water).
3. Pre-heat retrieval buffer to 92oC *.
4. Place slides in buffer and incubate 10 minutes at 92oC *.
5. Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes.
6. Rinse in distilled water or PBS, proceed with staining.
* N.B. Optimal unmasking is a function of time and temperature. Temperature (range 90oC-100oC) and time (5-30 minutes) should be determined by each investigator.