- Intended Use
- High levels of IgG may mask low levels of IgM in patient sera, resulting in false negatives in certain assays. IgM class rheumatoid factor reacts with IgG immune complexes, leading to the production of pathogen specific immune complexes that can also interfere in certain assays.
BUF059 is a sheep antiserum monospecific to human IgG. It is designed to remove IgG and rheumatoid factor of IgM class from human serum prior to testing for IgM. Patient samples to be tested for pathogen-specific IgM are diluted in IgG/RF stripper, allowing immune complexes to form containing patient IgG. Rheumatoid factor IgM will bind to these complexes, resulting in the removal of both pathogen specific IgG and rheumatoid factor IgM.
IgG/RF stripper will remove IgG at concentrations of up to 15g/L IgG from human serum when used as directed.
- Product Form
- Sheep antiserum monospecific to human IgG - liquid
- Buffer Solution
- Glycine buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Store at +4oC. DO NOT FREEZE.
This product should be stored undiluted.
- Guaranteed until date of expiry. Please see product label.
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of IgG/Rf Stripper
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Instructions For Use
- Specimen collection and preparation
Blood samples should be collected by venapuncture, allowed to clot naturally and the serum separated as soon as possible.
Avoid using haemolysed, lipaemic or bacterially contaminated sera.
Serum samples may be stored at 2-8°C for up to 72 hours. For longer-term storage, freeze at -20°C. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing.
1. To one volume of serum sample (eg. 50ul), add four volumes of BUF059 (eg. 200ul).
2. Mix and incubate at room temperature for 30 minutes.
3. Centrifuge for 30 minutes at 4000rpm to remove precipitate.
4. Serum sample is now ready for testing.
5. Note: BUF059 will remove IgG at concentrations of up to 15g/L from human serum when used as directed above. Serum samples containing higher levels of IgG may require the addition of more IgG/RF stripper.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra