Flow Cytometry Absolute Count Standard™ is a suspension of microspheres that are approximately the size of human lymphocytes (7-9μm) and are presented as a known concentration. They are internally labeled with multiple fluorochromes and the combination of dyes allows the beads to be excited by a common argon laser (488nm) and emit in the three standard channels of a flow cytometer (FL1, FL2, FL3).
- Intended Use
- Flow Cytometry Absolute Count Standard™ is intended for use as an internal counting standard. It is designed for use in the proper set-up of flow cytometers and cell counters and for the accurate enumeration of cells or particles.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.01% Gelatin
≤ 0.05% Tween 20
0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Reagents in the Kit
- 1 bottle containing 10ml of microspheres
- Store at +4oC. DO NOT FREEZE.
This product should be stored undiluted. This product is photosensitive and should be protected from light.
- Guaranteed until date of expiry. Please see product label.
- Absolute Count Standard™ is a trademark of Bangs Laboratories, INC.
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Flow Cytometry Absolute Count Standard™
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Instructions For Use
- Instructions for use can be found at www.bio-rad-antibodies.com/uploads/IFU/FCSC580.pdf
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Product Specific References
References for Flow Cytometry Absolute Count Standard™
McDonald, J.U. et al. (2011) In vivo functional analysis and genetic modification of in vitro-derived mouse neutrophils.
FASEB J. 25 (6): 1972-82.
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra