- Intended Use
- Bio-Rad's Antigen unmasking fluid is a heat induced, epitope retrieval system. The basic formulation is presented at pH10.0 and is suitable for use with antibodies that have not worked well with the universal formulation. Acidic and universal formulations are also available from Bio-Rad - see "recommended useful reagents" at the bottom of the datasheet for further information. The universal formulation is suitable for use with most antibodies and gives excellent preservation of tissue morphology. Like the basic form, the acidic form, may be of value for use with antibodies that do not work well with the universal formulation. These buffers may dramatically increase staining intensity but may also have an effect upon tissue morphology.
- Buffer Solution
- Ready to use
- Store at room temperature. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Guaranteed until date of expiry. Please see product label.
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Antigen Retrieval Buffer, pH10.0
|Immunohistology - Paraffin
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Instructions For Use
- 1. Deparaffinize sections and re-hydrate
2. Pre-heat retrieval buffer to 92oC *.
3. Place slides in buffer and incubate 10 minutes at 92oC *
4. Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes.
5. Rinse in distilled water or PBS, proceed with staining.
* N.B. Optimal unmasking is a function of time and temperature. Temperature (range 90oC-100oC) and time (5-30 minutes) should be determined by each investigator.
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Useful Reagents Available