Leukemia Inhibitory Factor | N/A
Recombinant Rat Leukemia Inhibitory Factor is an Escherichia coli-derived recombinant protein corresponding to full-length mature rat leukemia inhibitory factor (LIF), a secreted peptide with the capability to induce terminal differentiation in leukemic cells.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Recombinant Protein - liquid
- Recombinant rat LIF is expresssed as a GST-fusion protein, cleaved from GST via thrombin and purified by ion exchange chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 1mM DTT
0.02% Tween 20
- >1 x 108 units/mg.
50 units is the amount required to induce differentiation in 50% of M1 colonies in 1ml agar cultures.
- >85% by HPLC and SDS-PAGE analyses.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Total protein concentration 10.0ug/ml
- Molecular Weight
- 19.9 kDa (183 amino acid sequence)
- Endotoxin Level
- Store at -20oC only.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- P17777 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- Lif Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005125 cytokine activity
- GO:0005146 leukemia inhibitory factor receptor binding
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006955 immune response
- GO:0008083 growth factor activity
- GO:0010976 positive regulation of neuron projection development
- GO:0016525 negative regulation of angiogenesis
- GO:0031100 organ regeneration
- GO:0048708 astrocyte differentiation
- GO:0051461 positive regulation of adrenocorticotropin secretion
- GO:0060041 retina development in camera-type eye
- GO:0060290 transdifferentiation
- For research purposes only
Applications of Leukemia Inhibitory Factor
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)