IL-6 is a pleiotropic cytokine involved in the regulation of immune and inflammatory responses.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein expressed in E. coli - lyophilised.
- Reconstitute with 0.1 ml distilled water. For extended storage the addition of 0.1% BSA is recommended.
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Carrier Free
- ED50 of < 0.01ng/ml when assayed by proliferation of IL-6 dependent murine 7TD1 cells. This corresponds to a specific activity of 1 x 108 units/mg.
- >98% by SDS PAGE and HPLC analysis.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 0.1 mg/ml after reconstitution
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 21.7kD (188 Amino acids)
- Endotoxin Level
- < 0.1 ng/ug
- Prior to reconstitution store at +4oC.
After reconstitution store at -20oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein.
- 3 months from date of reconstitution
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0006953 acute-phase response
- GO:0005125 cytokine activity
- GO:0005138 interleukin-6 receptor binding
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0045454 cell redox homeostasis
- GO:0006469 negative regulation of protein kinase activity
- GO:0009612 response to mechanical stimulus
- GO:0006955 immune response
- GO:0007568 aging
- GO:0008083 growth factor activity
- GO:0008285 negative regulation of cell proliferation
- GO:0008360 regulation of cell shape
- GO:0042493 response to drug
- GO:0009408 response to heat
- GO:0009409 response to cold
- GO:0046677 response to antibiotic
- GO:0031000 response to caffeine
- GO:0031667 response to nutrient levels
- GO:0032496 response to lipopolysaccharide
- GO:0032868 response to insulin stimulus
- GO:0033160 positive regulation of protein import into nucleus, translocation
- GO:0034097 response to cytokine stimulus
- GO:0043154 negative regulation of caspase activity
- GO:0043200 response to amino acid stimulus
- GO:0043526 neuroprotection
- GO:0045188 regulation of circadian sleep/wake cycle, non-REM sleep
- GO:0045429 positive regulation of nitric oxide biosynthetic process
- GO:0045666 positive regulation of neuron differentiation
- GO:0045721 negative regulation of gluconeogenesis
- GO:0045740 positive regulation of DNA replication
- GO:0046427 positive regulation of JAK-STAT cascade
- GO:0046849 bone remodeling
- GO:0048635 negative regulation of muscle organ development
- GO:0050710 negative regulation of cytokine secretion
- GO:0051592 response to calcium ion
- GO:0051602 response to electrical stimulus
- GO:0051789 response to protein stimulus
- GO:0051971 positive regulation of transmission of nerve impulse
- GO:0070374 positive regulation of ERK1 and ERK2 cascade
- For research purposes only
Applications of IL-6
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Recombinant rat IL-6 may be used as a standard for ELISA applications with either anti Rat IL-6: purified (AAR35) or anti Rat IL-6: biotin conjugate (AAR17B).
- Western Blotting
- Recombinant Rat IL-6 may be used as the positive control for western blotting applications with either anti Rat IL-6: purified (AAR35) or anti Rat IL-6: biotin conjugate (AAR17B).