|Recombinant rat IL-6 is a 21.7 kDa peptide containing 188 residues corresponding to full-length mature rat interleukin-6.
IL-6 is a pleiotropic cytokine involved in the regulation of immune and inflammatory responses.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein expressed in E. coli - lyophilized.
- Reconstitute with 0.1 ml distilled water. For extended storage the addition of 0.1% BSA is recommended.
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Carrier Free
- ED50 of < 0.01ng/ml when assayed by proliferation of IL-6 dependent murine 7TD1 cells. This corresponds to a specific activity of 1 x 108 units/mg.
- >98% by SDS PAGE and HPLC analysis.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 0.1 mg/ml after reconstitution
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 21.7kD (188 Amino acids)
- Endotoxin Level
- < 0.1 ng/ug
- For research purposes only
- 3 months from date of reconstitution
After reconstitution store at -20oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Recombinant rat IL-6 may be used as a standard for ELISA applications with either anti Rat IL-6: purified (AAR35) or anti Rat IL-6: biotin conjugate (AAR17B).
- Western Blotting
- Recombinant Rat IL-6 may be used as the positive control for western blotting applications with either anti Rat IL-6: purified (AAR35) or anti Rat IL-6: biotin conjugate (AAR17B).
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0006953 acute-phase response
- GO:0005125 cytokine activity
- GO:0005138 interleukin-6 receptor binding
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0045454 cell redox homeostasis
- GO:0006469 negative regulation of protein kinase activity
- GO:0009612 response to mechanical stimulus
- GO:0006955 immune response
- GO:0007568 aging
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0008083 growth factor activity
- GO:0008285 negative regulation of cell proliferation
- GO:0008360 regulation of cell shape
- GO:0042493 response to drug
- GO:0009408 response to heat
- GO:0009409 response to cold
- GO:0046677 response to antibiotic
- GO:0031000 response to caffeine
- GO:0031667 response to nutrient levels
- GO:0032496 response to lipopolysaccharide
- GO:0032868 response to insulin stimulus
- GO:0033160 positive regulation of protein import into nucleus, translocation
- GO:0034097 response to cytokine stimulus
- GO:0043154 negative regulation of caspase activity
- GO:0043200 response to amino acid stimulus
- GO:0043526 neuroprotection
- GO:0045188 regulation of circadian sleep/wake cycle, non-REM sleep
- GO:0045429 positive regulation of nitric oxide biosynthetic process
- GO:0045666 positive regulation of neuron differentiation
- GO:0045721 negative regulation of gluconeogenesis
- GO:0045740 positive regulation of DNA replication
- GO:0046427 positive regulation of JAK-STAT cascade
- GO:0046849 bone remodeling
- GO:0048635 negative regulation of muscle organ development
- GO:0050710 negative regulation of cytokine secretion
- GO:0051592 response to calcium ion
- GO:0051602 response to electrical stimulus
- GO:0051789 response to protein stimulus
- GO:0051971 positive regulation of transmission of nerve impulse
- GO:0070374 positive regulation of ERK1 and ERK2 cascade
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up