Rat IgG2b is derived from a spontaneous immunocytoma originating in a LOU/Wsl rat.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified myeloma protein - liquid
- Purified protein prepared by affinity chromatography from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- Single band by agarose electrophoresis and immunoelectrophoresis
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Where this protein has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the protein for use in their own system using appropriate positive/negative controls.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Product Specific References
References for IgG2b
Edited by Bazin, H. (1990) Rat Hybridomas and Rat Monoclonal Antibodies
CRC Press, Boca Raton, Florida, USA.
Bazin, H. et al. (1984) Rat monoclonal antibodies. II. A rapid and efficient method of purification from ascitic fluid or serum.
J Immunol Methods. 71 (1): 9-16.
Argüelles, M.E. et al. (1999) Performance of thiophilic adsorption chromatography in the purification of rat IgG2b monoclonal antibodies from serum- and protein-free culture supernatants.
Biomed Chromatogr. 13 (6): 379-81.
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra