Native Rat collagen I is purified rat collagen I derived from tail tendon tissue.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified protein from rat tail tendon - lyophilised
- Reconstitute in ice cold 0.5 M acetic acid, pH 2.5. Solubility - 10 mg/ml.
- Collagen was extracted from washed dissected tissue into dilute acetic acid after pepsin treatment. Collagen type I was purified by using differential salt precipitation.
- Buffer Solution
- Essentially salt free
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present.
- SDS PAGE: >90%
Rat collagen type III 10% Rat collagen, other types <1% Non-collagen proteins <0.5%
- Store at -20oC only.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
Do not freeze after reconstitution. Stable for 1-2 months at 4ºC.
- Shelf Life
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- P02454 Related reagents
- P02466 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- Col1a1 Related reagents
- Col1a2 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0009612 response to mechanical stimulus
- GO:0031960 response to corticosteroid stimulus
- GO:0042542 response to hydrogen peroxide
- GO:0043434 response to peptide hormone stimulus
- GO:0051591 response to cAMP
- GO:0071300 cellular response to retinoic acid
- GO:0071363 cellular response to growth factor stimulus
- GO:0005201 extracellular matrix structural constituent
- For research purposes only
Applications of Collagen I
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using the appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Product Specific References
Miller, E.J. & Gay, S. (1982) Collagen: an overview.
Methods Enzymol. 82 Pt A: 3-32.