CAS number: 9015-82-1
EC number: 188.8.131.52
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified protein from rabbit lung - liquid
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- 4.5 U/mg protein.
One unit will produce 1.0 micromole of hippuric acid from hippuryl-His-Leu per minute in 50 mM HEPES and 300 mM NaCl at pH 8.3 at 37ºC.
EDTA can be used as a strong inhibitor of this enzyme. This can be reversed by dialysis and reactivation with metal salts.
The Km for this enzyme is 2.6 mM using hippuryl-L-histidyl-L-leucine as the substrate.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 10 Units/ml
- Protein Molecular Weight
- Reported as approximately 129 kDa (sedimentation equilibrium with and without 6 M guanidine hydrochloride) and approximately 140 kDa (SDS gel electrophoresis and by gel filtration).
- Store at -20oC only.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein.
- 18 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0004180 carboxypeptidase activity
- GO:0008237 metallopeptidase activity
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- GO:0006508 proteolysis
- For research purposes only
Applications of ACE
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|