Stem Cell Factor
Recombinant Mouse stem cell factor (SCF) is a stromal cell derived cytokine that synergizes with other haemapoietic growth factors to stimulate multiple lineages of progenitors e.g. myeloid, erythroid and lymphoid blood cells. The mouse SCF can be used for both mouse and human haemopoietic cells.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified protein produced in E. coli - lyophilised
- Reconstitute with 0.1ml distilled water
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- 1 x 105 units/mg
- >95% by SDS PAGE and HPLC analysis
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Total protein concentration 0.1mg/ml after reconstitution.
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 18.3kD (164 amino acid residues)
- Endotoxin Level
- Prior to reconstitution store at +4oC. Following reconstitution store at -20oC.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 3 months from date of reconstitution.
- P20826 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- Kitl Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0001755 neural crest cell migration
- GO:0002763 positive regulation of myeloid leukocyte differentiation
- GO:0007155 cell adhesion
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- GO:0005125 cytokine activity
- GO:0005173 stem cell factor receptor binding
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0005737 cytoplasm
- GO:0005856 cytoskeleton
- GO:0007281 germ cell development
- GO:0008083 growth factor activity
- GO:0033026 negative regulation of mast cell apoptosis
- GO:0035234 germ cell programmed cell death
- GO:0043406 positive regulation of MAP kinase activity
- GO:0045636 positive regulation of melanocyte differentiation
- GO:0046579 positive regulation of Ras protein signal transduction
- GO:0050731 positive regulation of peptidyl-tyrosine phosphorylation
- GO:0070668 positive regulation of mast cell proliferation
- For research purposes only
Applications of Stem Cell Factor
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this protein has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate positive/negative controls.
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Product Specific References
References for Stem Cell Factor
Gilicze, A. et al. (2007) HtrA1 is a novel mast cell serine protease of mice and men.
Mol Immunol. 44: 2961-8.
Wiener, Z. et al. (2003) Mouse embryonic stem cells express histidine decarboxylase and histamine H1 receptors.
Inflamm Res. 52 Suppl 1:S53-4.
Casazza, A. et al. (2011) Systemic and targeted delivery of semaphorin 3A inhibits tumor angiogenesis and progression in mouse tumor models.
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 31: 741-9.
Jouneau, A. et al. (2000) Plasticity of cadherin-catenin expression in the melanocyte lineage.
Pigment Cell Res. 13: 260-72.