SDF-1 binds with high-affinity to the G protein–coupled receptor CXCR4 (fusin), and acts as an inhibitor of the CXCR4-mediated entry of HIV-1 virus into target T-cells.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilized
- Reconstitute with 100 ul distilled water. Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
- Purified recombinant SDF-1 alpha expressed in E.coli
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Carrier Free
- Determined by its ability to chemoattract human peripheral blood monocytes, using a concentration of 50-100 ng/ml.
- >98% by SDS PAGE and HPLC analysis
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 0.1 mg/ml after reconstitution
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 7.9 kDa (68 amino acid residue homodimer)
- Endotoxin Level
- < 1.0 EU/ug
- Prior to reconstitution store at -20oC.
After reconstitution store at -20oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Guaranteed for 3 months from the date of reconstitution or until the date of expiry, whichever comes first. Please see label for expiry date.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0001569 patterning of blood vessels
- GO:0001667 ameboidal cell migration
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006955 immune response
- GO:0007281 germ cell development
- GO:0008009 chemokine activity
- GO:0008045 motor axon guidance
- GO:0008083 growth factor activity
- GO:0008354 germ cell migration
- GO:0009897 external side of plasma membrane
- GO:0030335 positive regulation of cell migration
- GO:0042098 T cell proliferation
- GO:0050930 induction of positive chemotaxis
- For research purposes only
Applications of SDF-1 Alpha
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|