Recombinant Murine interleukin-4 is an E.coli derived preparation of Interleukin-4 (IL-4), also known as B-cell stimulatory factor 1. Interleukin-4 is a pleiotropic cytokine which interacts with multiple cell lineages, including T cells, fibroblasts and haematopoietic cells, and is one of the most important factors involved in B cell IgG1 and IgE class switching. IL-4 acts as a regulator of low affinity Fc receptor for IgE (CD23) expression on both lymphocytes and monocytes.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilized
- Reconstitute with 200 ul distilled water. Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
- Purified recombinant IL-4 expressed in E.coli
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Carrier Free
- The ED50 was determined by the dose-dependent proliferation of murine HT-2 cells is < 2.0 ng/ml, corresponding to a specific activity of > 5 x 105 units/mg.
- >98% by SDS PAGE and HPLC
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 0.1 mg/ml after reconstitution
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 13.5 kDa (120 amino acid residues)
- Endotoxin Level
- < 1.0 EU/ug
- Prior to reconstitution store at -20oC. Following reconstitution store at -20oC.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Guaranteed for 3 months from the date of reconstitution or until the date of expiry, whichever comes first. Please see label for expiry date.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
interleukin-4 receptor binding
growth factor activity
cholesterol metabolic process
positive regulation of B cell proliferation
positive regulation of activated T cell proliferation
B cell activation
positive regulation of tyrosine phosphorylation of Stat5 protein
negative regulation of apoptosis
positive regulation of gene-specific transcription
positive regulation of MHC class II biosynthetic process
negative regulation of osteoclast differentiation
positive regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
positive regulation of isotype switching to IgE isotypes
positive regulation of isotype switching to IgG isotypes
positive regulation of transcription factor activity
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- PMP81 may be used as a standard in an ELISA application with AAM36.
- Western Blotting
- PMP81 may be used as a positive control for western blotting applications with AAM36.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Product Specific References
References for IL-4
Thomas, M.J. et al. (2002) CD8 T cells inhibit IgE via dendritic cell IL-12 induction that promotes Th1 T cell counter-regulation.
J Immunol. 168 (1): 216-23.
Bénéteau, M. et al. (2012) Combination of glycolysis inhibition with chemotherapy results in an antitumor immune response.
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 109: 20071-6.
Lam, R.S. et al. (2016) Unprimed, M1 and M2 Macrophages Differentially Interact with Porphyromonas gingivalis.
PLoS One. 11 (7): e0158629.
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra