Recombinant mouse IL-12 is a 70.5kDa heterodimeric glycoprotein consisting of disulfide-linked p35 and p40 subunits. IL-12 is a potent regulator of cell-mediated immune responses. It induces production of interferon gamma in natural killer and T-cells.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilised
- Reconstitute with 0.1ml sterile PBS containing 0.1% bovine serum albumin
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
- Recombinant protein expressed in CHO cells.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- 1 x 107 units/mg
- >98% by SDS PAGE + HPLC analysis
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 0.1 mg/ml after reconstitution.
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 75kD (35kDa and 40kDa subunits) - 506 amino acid residues
- Endotoxin Level
- <0.1 ng/ug
- Prior to reconstitution store at -20oC. Following reconstitution store at -20oC.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 3 months from date of reconstitution.
Please see label for expiry date.
- P43431 Related reagents
- P43432 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- Il12a Related reagents
- Il12b Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005125 cytokine activity
- GO:0005143 interleukin-12 receptor binding
- GO:0006955 immune response
- GO:0008083 growth factor activity
- GO:0032729 positive regulation of interferon-gamma production
- GO:0042102 positive regulation of T cell proliferation
- GO:0042163 interleukin-12 beta subunit binding
- GO:0042832 defense response to protozoan
- GO:0043514 interleukin-12 complex
- GO:0001916 positive regulation of T cell mediated cytotoxicity
- GO:0002230 positive regulation of defense response to virus by host
- GO:0002827 positive regulation of T-helper 1 type immune response
- GO:0002862 negative regulation of inflammatory response to antigenic stimulus
- GO:0016020 membrane
- GO:0004896 cytokine receptor activity
- GO:0044130 negative regulation of growth of symbiont in host
- GO:0042093 T-helper cell differentiation
- GO:0042104 positive regulation of activated T cell proliferation
- GO:0042164 interleukin-12 alpha subunit binding
- GO:0042803 protein homodimerization activity
- For research purposes only
Applications of IL-12
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this protein has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate positive/negative controls.
- Recombinant mouse IL-12 may be used as the standard in ELISA application with either a purified mouse IL-12 antibody (AAM33) or a biotinylated mouse IL-12 antibody (AAM33B).
- Western Blotting
- Recombinant mouse IL-12 may be used as a positive control for Western Blotting applications with either a purified mouse IL-12 antibody (AAM33) or a biotinylated mouse IL-12 antibody (AAM33B).
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)