EGF is a magnesiotropic hormone involved in the regulation of renal magnesium reabsorption via activation of the magnesium permeable channel TRPM6 (Muallem and Moe 2007).
The effects of EGF are initiated through tyrosine kinase activity, following the binding of EGF to the extracellular domain of the EGF receptor (EGFR), which results in the triggering of several signal transduction pathways, including the JAK/STAT and P13K/AKT pathways.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein – lyophilized
- Reconstitute to 1.0 mg/ml by adding 1.0 ml H2O. Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution. Do not vortex.
- Purified recombinant EGF expressed in E.coli
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- The ED50 as determined by a cell proliferation assay using BALB/c 3T3 cells is ≤ 0.1 ng/ml, corresponding to a specific activity of ≥ 1 x 107 units/mg
- >98% by SDS PAGE and HPLC analysis
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 1.0 mg/ml after reconstitution
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 6 kDa
- Prior to reconstitution store at -20oC. Following reconstitution store at -20oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0000186 activation of MAPKK activity
- GO:0005509 calcium ion binding
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- GO:0005154 epidermal growth factor receptor binding
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0007173 epidermal growth factor receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0008083 growth factor activity
- GO:0018108 peptidyl-tyrosine phosphorylation
- GO:0021940 positive regulation of cerebellar granule cell precursor proliferation
- GO:0048754 branching morphogenesis of a tube
- GO:0050730 regulation of peptidyl-tyrosine phosphorylation
- GO:0060749 mammary gland alveolus development
- For research purposes only
Applications of EGF
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Product Specific References
Muallem, S. & Moe, O.W. (2007) When EGF is offside, magnesium is wasted.
J Clin Invest. 117 (8): 2086-9.
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra