Filter by Application:WB Reset
|Epidermal Growth Factor (EGF) is a type I transmembrane protein expressed by a variety of cells, which acts as a potent stimulator and regulator of the proliferation of epidermal and epithelial cells, and is a key factor in cell survival.
EGF is a magnesiotropic hormone involved in the regulation of renal magnesium reabsorption via activation of the magnesium permeable channel TRPM6 (Muallem and Moe 2007).
The effects of EGF are initiated through tyrosine kinase activity, following the binding of EGF to the extracellular domain of the EGF receptor (EGFR), which results in the triggering of several signal transduction pathways, including the JAK/STAT and P13K/AKT pathways.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein – lyophilized
- Reconstitute to 1.0 mg/ml by adding 1.0 ml H2O. Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution. Do not vortex.
- Purified recombinant EGF expressed in E.coli
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- The ED50 as determined by a cell proliferation assay using BALB/c 3T3 cells is ≤ 0.1 ng/ml, corresponding to a specific activity of ≥ 1 x 107 units/mg
- >98% by SDS PAGE and HPLC analysis
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 1.0 mg/ml after reconstitution
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 6 kDa
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
References for EGF
Kite, J. et al. (2021) Cell-to-cell transmission of HSV1 in human keratinocytes in the absence of the major entry receptor, nectin1.
PLoS Pathog. 17 (9): e1009631.
Muallem, S. & Moe, O.W. (2007) When EGF is offside, magnesium is wasted.
J Clin Invest. 117 (8): 2086-9.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0000186 activation of MAPKK activity
- GO:0005509 calcium ion binding
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- GO:0005154 epidermal growth factor receptor binding
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0007173 epidermal growth factor receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0008083 growth factor activity
- GO:0018108 peptidyl-tyrosine phosphorylation
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0021940 positive regulation of cerebellar granule cell precursor proliferation
- GO:0048754 branching morphogenesis of a tube
- GO:0050730 regulation of peptidyl-tyrosine phosphorylation
- GO:0060749 mammary gland alveolus development
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up