Recombinant Human Platelet Derived Growth Factor (PDGF) is a potent mitogen, acting on cell types such as fibroblasts and smooth muscle cells.PDGF is a dimeric protein being composed of A and B chains. The dimer may be formed from AA, BB or AB chain combinations.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilised
- Reconstitute with 10ul distilled water. Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
- Recombinant protein prepared from E.Coli
- Buffer Solution
- 10mM Acetic Acid
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Carrier Free
- >98% by SDS PAGE and N-terminal sequence analysis.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 1.0 mg/ml after reconstitution
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 26.5kDa (250 amino acid sequence)
- Endotoxin Level
- < 0.1 ng/mg
- Prior to reconstitution store at +4oC. Following reconstitution store at -20oC.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 3 months from date of reconstitution
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
platelet-derived growth factor receptor binding
endoplasmic reticulum lumen
growth factor activity
negative regulation of phosphatidylinositol biosynthetic process
negative regulation of platelet activation
regulation of smooth muscle cell migration
positive regulation of cell migration
platelet alpha granule lumen
regulation of actin cytoskeleton organization
protein homodimerization activity
cell surface binding
positive regulation of DNA replication
protein heterodimerization activity
platelet-derived growth factor receptor signaling pathway
positive regulation of fibroblast proliferation
platelet-derived growth factor binding
positive regulation of cell division
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)