Recombinant Human Platelet Derived Growth Factor (PDGF) is a potent mitogen, acting on cell types such as fibroblasts and smooth muscle cells.PDGF is a dimeric protein being composed of A and B chains. The dimer may be formed from AA, BB or AB chain combinations.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilised
- Reconstitute with 10ul of 10mM acetic acid. Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
- Recombinant protein prepared from E.Coli
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- >98% by SDS PAGE and N-terminal sequence analysis.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 26.5kDa (250 amino acid sequence)
- Endotoxin Level
- Prior to reconstitution store at +4oC. Following reconstitution store at -20oC.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 3 months from date of reconstitution.
- P04085 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- PDGFA Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0000139 Golgi membrane
- GO:0002576 platelet degranulation
- GO:0005161 platelet-derived growth factor receptor binding
- GO:0005518 collagen binding
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0005788 endoplasmic reticulum lumen
- GO:0009790 embryo development
- GO:0008083 growth factor activity
- GO:0009986 cell surface
- GO:0010512 negative regulation of phosphatidylinositol biosynthetic process
- GO:0010544 negative regulation of platelet activation
- GO:0014910 regulation of smooth muscle cell migration
- GO:0030168 platelet activation
- GO:0030335 positive regulation of cell migration
- GO:0031093 platelet alpha granule lumen
- GO:0032956 regulation of actin cytoskeleton organization
- GO:0042803 protein homodimerization activity
- GO:0043498 cell surface binding
- GO:0045740 positive regulation of DNA replication
- GO:0046982 protein heterodimerization activity
- GO:0048008 platelet-derived growth factor receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0048146 positive regulation of fibroblast proliferation
- GO:0048407 platelet-derived growth factor binding
- GO:0050919 negative chemotaxis
- GO:0051781 positive regulation of cell division
- For research purposes only
Applications of PDGF
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)