MMP-3 is implicated in wound repair, and tumor initiation, and studies have shown high expression of MMP-3 by monocytes, and that MMP-3 is also expressed by microglial cells, chondrocytes, and by fibroblast-like synoviocytes in patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and osteoarthritis.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilized
- Reconstitute with 20ul distilled water. Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
- Purified recombinant MMP-3 expressed in E.coli
- Buffer Solution
- 10mM Sodium Phosphate
0.1mM Calcium Chloride
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Carrier Free
- MMP-3 activity was measured by its ability to cleave a chromogenic peptide MMP-3 substrate at room temperature. At a MMP-3 concentration of 2.5 μg/ml, 50% cleavage was achieved at an incubation time of approximately 75 mins.
- >98% by SDS PAGE and HPLC
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 0.5 mg/ml after reconstitution
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 42.8 kDa (378 amino acid residues) containing the entire catalytic N-terminal and the C-terminal domain
- Endotoxin Level
- < 1.0 EU/ug
- Prior to reconstitution store at +4oC.
After reconstitution store at -20oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 3 months from date of reconstitution
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005509 calcium ion binding
- GO:0004222 metalloendopeptidase activity
- GO:0005578 proteinaceous extracellular matrix
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006508 proteolysis
- GO:0008270 zinc ion binding
- GO:0030574 collagen catabolic process
- GO:0043231 intracellular membrane-bounded organelle
- For research purposes only
Applications of MMP-3
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|