MMP-1 specifically cleaves types I, II, III, VII and X collagens, and also interacts with and cleaves the secreted viral Tat protein during HIV infection, resulting in a decrease in neuronal Tat's mediated neurotoxicity.
MMP-1 is overexpressed in invasive melanoma (Ye et al. 2001), colorectal (Hinoda et al. 2001) and oesophageal (Yamashita et al. 2001) cancers, and has been implicated in arthritis, atherosclerotic lesion formation, and in the repair processes of the heart after myocardial infarction (Creemers et al. 2001).
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilised
- Reconstitute with 20ul distilled water
Slow to dissolve.
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed for about 10 minutes after reconstitution for better solubility.
- Purified recombinant MMP-1 expressed in E.coli
- Buffer Solution
Sodium phosphate Calcium chloride
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Carrier Free
- MMP-1 activity was measured by its ability to cleave a chromogenic peptide MMP-1 substrate at room temperature. At an MMP-1 concentration of 2.5 μg/ml, 50% cleavage was achieved at an incubation time of approximately 25 mins.
- >90% by SDS PAGE and HPLC analysis
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 0.5 mg/ml after reconstitution
- Endotoxin Level
- < 1.0 EU/ug
- Prior to reconstitution store at +4oC.
After reconstitution store at -20oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 3 months from date of reconstitution
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005509 calcium ion binding
- GO:0007596 blood coagulation
- GO:0004222 metalloendopeptidase activity
- GO:0005578 proteinaceous extracellular matrix
- GO:0006508 proteolysis
- GO:0008270 zinc ion binding
- GO:0030574 collagen catabolic process
- GO:0044419 interspecies interaction between organisms
- GO:0050900 leukocyte migration
- For research purposes only
Applications of MMP-1
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra