|M-CSF (Macrophage colony-stimulating factor) is a potent lineage restricted haematopoietic growth factor and member of the CSF family of hormone-like glycoproteins, which plays a key role in the regulation of cellular differentiation, proliferation, and the survival of blood monocytes, tissue macrophages and their progenitor cells.
Along with sRANKL/CD254/OPGL, M-CSF is essential for osteoclastogenesis, acting through the tyrosine kinase receptor c-fms (colony stimulating factor 1 receptor), and facilitates haematopoietic recovery following bone marrow transplantation.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilized
- Reconstitute with 0.1 ml distilled water. For extended storage the addition of 0.1% BSA is recommended.
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
- Purified recombinant M-CSF expressed in E.coli
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Carrier Free
- The ED50, determined by the dose-dependent stimulation of the proliferation of M-NSF-60 cells, was ≤ 1 ng/ml corresponding to a specific activity of ≥ 1 x 106 units/mg.
- ≥ 98% by SDS PAGE and HPLC
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 0.1 mg/ml after reconstitution
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 36.8 kDa (159 amino acid homodimer)
- Endotoxin Level
- < 1.0 EU/ug
- For research purposes only
- 3 months from date of reconstitution
After reconstitution store at -20oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Macrophage COLONY-STIMULATING Factor
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0001954 positive regulation of cell-matrix adhesion
- GO:0003006 developmental process involved in reproduction
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- GO:0005125 cytokine activity
- GO:0005157 macrophage colony-stimulating factor receptor binding
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0008083 growth factor activity
- GO:0008283 cell proliferation
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0010628 positive regulation of gene expression
- GO:0010744 positive regulation of macrophage derived foam cell differentiation
- GO:0030225 macrophage differentiation
- GO:0030316 osteoclast differentiation
- GO:0030335 positive regulation of cell migration
- GO:0032270 positive regulation of cellular protein metabolic process
- GO:0032946 positive regulation of mononuclear cell proliferation
- GO:0042117 monocyte activation
- GO:0042803 protein homodimerization activity
- GO:0043235 receptor complex
- GO:0045651 positive regulation of macrophage differentiation
- GO:0045657 positive regulation of monocyte differentiation
- GO:0045860 positive regulation of protein kinase activity
- GO:0048471 perinuclear region of cytoplasm
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up