M-CSF (Macrophage colony-stimulating factor) is a potent lineage restricted haematopoietic growth factor and member of the CSF family of hormone-like glycoproteins, which plays a key role in the regulation of cellular differentiation, proliferation, and the survival of blood monocytes, tissue macrophages and their progenitor cells.
Along with sRANKL/CD254/OPGL, M-CSF is essential for osteoclastogenesis, acting through the tyrosine kinase receptor c-fms (colony stimulating factor 1 receptor), and facilitates haematopoietic recovery following bone marrow transplantation.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilized
- Reconstitute with 0.1 ml distilled water. For extended storage the addition of 0.1% BSA is recommended.
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
- Purified recombinant M-CSF expressed in E.coli
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- The ED50, determined by the dose-dependent stimulation of the proliferation of M-NSF-60 cells, was ≤ 1 ng/ml corresponding to a specific activity of ≥ 1 x 106 units/mg.
- ≥ 98% by SDS PAGE and HPLC
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 0.1 mg/ml after reconstitution
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 36.8 kDa (159 amino acid homodimer)
- Endotoxin Level
- < 1.0 EU/ug
- Prior to reconstitution store at +4oC.
After reconstitution store at -20oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 3 months from date of reconstitution
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
positive regulation of cell-matrix adhesion
developmental process involved in reproduction
integral to membrane
macrophage colony-stimulating factor receptor binding
growth factor activity
positive regulation of gene expression
positive regulation of macrophage derived foam cell differentiation
positive regulation of cell migration
positive regulation of cellular protein metabolic process
positive regulation of mononuclear cell proliferation
protein homodimerization activity
positive regulation of macrophage differentiation
positive regulation of monocyte differentiation
positive regulation of protein kinase activity
perinuclear region of cytoplasm
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- PHP220 may be used in ELISA applications with AHP1915.
- Western Blotting
- PHP220 may be used under reducing or non-reducing western blotting conditions with AHP1915.
Copyright © 2019 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Useful Reagents Available
|Rabbit anti Human M-CSF