Low Density Lipoprotein
Acetylated Low Density Lipoprotein (AcLDL) is taken up by cells via scavenger receptors and has been used as a mechanism of targeted drug delivery and in combination with saporin for the depletion of specific cell types. AcLDL behaves like oxidised LDL, both of which are degraded within lysosomes.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified acetylated LDL from human serum - liquid
- Purified to homogeneity via ultracentrifugation and acetylated with excess acetic anhydride.
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.3 mM EDTA
- Each lot has been evaluated for receptor binding to murine peritoneal macrophages in conjunction with [I-125] Ac-LDL or Dil-AcLDL
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 2.0 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC. DO NOT FREEZE.
This product should be stored undiluted. After prolonged storage some precipitate may be observed. This is normal for this product and you should centrifuge at 500 g for ten minutes to clarify. This product has been aseptically packaged and membrane filtered. Handle aseptically.
- Guaranteed until date of expiry. Please see product label.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Low Density Lipoprotein
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using the appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2019 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Product Specific References
References for Low Density Lipoprotein
Limmon, G.V. et al. (2008) Scavenger receptor class-A is a novel cell surface receptor for double-stranded RNA.
FASEB J. 22: 159-67.
Spitsin, S. et al. (2017) Antiinflammatory effects of aprepitant coadministration with cART regimen containing ritonavir in HIV-infected adults.
JCI Insight. 2 (19)Oct 05 [Epub ahead of print].