Low Density Lipoprotein
Many lots have been evaluated for the specific labelling of bovine aortic endothelium, HUVECS, murine macrophages and the current lot was evaluated on P-388D cells.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified acetylated LDL from human serum, Dil labelled - liquid
- Purified LDL is acetylated and then labelled with the fluorescent probe Dil (1,1'-dioctadecyl-3,3,3',3'-tetramethylindo-carbocyanine perchlorate). The resultant product is exhaustively dialyzed against 0.15 M NaCl, 0.05 M Tris, pH 7.4, 0.3 mM EDTA, sterilized by filtration and then aseptically packaged.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Total protein concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC. DO NOT FREEZE.
This product should be stored undiluted.
- Shelf Life
- This product is stable when handled aseptically and stored at 4ºC. Please see label for expiry date.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Low Density Lipoprotein
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- 13% formaldehyde in PBS is required for fixation. Methanol or Acetone can not be used as 2550-0004 is soluble in organic solvents.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using the appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Product Specific References
References for Low Density Lipoprotein
Fogelman, A. M. et al. (1980) Malondialdehyde alteration of low density lipoproteins leads to cholesteryl ester accumulation in human monocyte-macrophages.
Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. 77: 2214-2218.
Pitas, R. E. et al. (1981) Acetoacetylated lipoproteins used to distinguish fibroblasts from macrophages in vitro by fluorescence microscopy.
Voyta, J. C. et al. (1984) Identification and isolation of endothelial cells based on their increased uptake of acetylated-low density lipoprotein.
J. Cell Biol.99: 2034-2040.
Allen, S. et al. (1998) Native low density lipoprotein-induced calcium transients trigger VCAM-1 and E-selectin expression in cultured human vascular endothelial cells.
J. Clin. Invest. 101: 351 - 361
Gough, P.J., et al. (2001) The use of human CD68 transcriptional regulatory sequences to direct high-level expression of class A scavenger receptor in macrophages in vitro and in vivo.
Stein, O & Stein, Y. (1980) Bovine aortic endothelial cells display macrophage-like properties towards acetylated 125I-labelled low density lipoprotein.
Biochim Biophys Acta. 620: 631-635.
Chiang, C.H. et al. (2011) Investigation of hepatoprotective activity of induced pluripotent stem cells in the mouse model of liver injury.
J Biomed Biotechnol. 2011:219060.
Garside, S.A. et al. (2010) Thrombospondin-1 inhibits angiogenesis and promotes follicular atresia in a novel in vitro angiogenesis assay.
Endocrinology. 151: 1280-9.
Rae, M. et al. (2009) Cortisol inactivation by 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase-2 may enhance endometrial angiogenesis via reduced thrombospondin-1 in heavy menstruation.
J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 94: 1443-50.