Inhibin Beta B
Inhibin beta B is a homodimer of the inhibin/activin beta-B chain, and is involved in several aspects of embryonic development, as well as hematopoiesis and osteogenesis, and also acts as a modulator of FSH (follicle-stimulating hormone) secretion and hemoglobin synthesis.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilized
- Reconstitute with 10 ul 10mM sodium citrate pH 3,0. Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
- Purified recombinant Inhibin Beta B expressed in High-5 insect cells
- Buffer Solution
- 10mM Sodium citrate.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 5% Trehalose
- Carrier Free
- The ED50 as determined by its ability to inhibit the proliferation of murine MPC-11 cells is ≤ 2ng/ml, corresponding to a specific activity of ≥ 5 x 105 units/mg.
- >95% by SDS PAGE and HPLC analysis
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 0.5 mg/ml after reconstitution
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 25.6 kDa (115 amino acid Beta B homodimer)
- Endotoxin Level
- < 1.0 EU/ug
- Prior to reconstitution store at -20oC.
After reconstitution store at -20oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Guaranteed for 3 months from the date of reconstitution or until the date of expiry, whichever comes first. Please see label for expiry date.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0001541 ovarian follicle development
- GO:0006952 defense response
- GO:0005576 extracellular region
- GO:0005125 cytokine activity
- GO:0005179 hormone activity
- GO:0040007 growth
- GO:0008083 growth factor activity
- GO:0009267 cellular response to starvation
- GO:0046881 positive regulation of follicle-stimulating hormone secretion
- GO:0046882 negative regulation of follicle-stimulating hormone secretion
- GO:0032869 cellular response to insulin stimulus
- GO:0032924 activin receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0046789 host cell surface receptor binding
- GO:0042803 protein homodimerization activity
- GO:0045444 fat cell differentiation
- GO:0046676 negative regulation of insulin secretion
- GO:0048178 negative regulation of hepatocyte growth factor biosynthetic process
- GO:0048471 perinuclear region of cytoplasm
- GO:0060279 positive regulation of ovulation
- For research purposes only
Applications of Inhibin Beta B
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra