Recombinant Human interleukin-8 (72aa) is an E. coli derived form of human interleukin-8, also known as Interleikin-8 (6-77), (Ser-IL-8)72, GCP/IL-8 protein I, IL8/NAP1 form III, Lymphocyte-derived neutrophil-activating factor, LYNAP, MDNCF-c or Neutrophil-activating factor. The product is a truncated form of full length recombinant human Interleukin-8 (PHP054 ) lacking the five amino terminal residues (AVLPR). Significant chemotactic activity of Human IL-8 on human neutrophils was achieved at 25ng/ml (assayed by a modified Boyden chamber).
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified protein produced in E. coli - lyophilised
- Reconstitute with 0.25ml distilled water
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution. For extended storage the addition of 0.1% bovine serum albumin (BSA) is recommended.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present.
- >98% by SDS PAGE and HPLC analysis
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 0.1 mg/ml after reconstitution.
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 8.4kD (72 Amino acid sequence)
- Endotoxin Level
- <0.1 ng/ug
- Prior to reconstitution store at +4oC. Following reconstitution store at -20oC.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 3 months from date of reconstitution.
- P10145 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- IL8 Related reagents
- For research purposes only
Applications of IL-8
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this protein has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate positive/negative controls.
- Recombinant human IL-8 may be used as the standard for ELISA applications with either a purified human IL-8 antibody (AHP781) or a biotinylated human IL-8 antibody (AHP781B)
- Western Blotting
- Recombinant human IL-8 may be used as the positive control for Western Blotting applications with either a purified human IL-8 antibody (AHP781) or a biotinylated human IL-8 antibody (AHP781B).
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)