Recombinant Human interleukin-8 (72aa) is an E. coli derived form of human interleukin-8, also known as Interleikin-8 (6-77), (Ser-IL-8)72, GCP/IL-8 protein I, IL8/NAP1 form III, Lymphocyte-derived neutrophil-activating factor, LYNAP, MDNCF-c or Neutrophil-activating factor. Recombinant Human interleukin-8 (72aa) is a truncated form of full length recombinant human Interleukin-8 lacking the five amino terminal residues (AVLPR). Significant chemotactic activity of Human IL-8 on human neutrophils was achieved at 25ng/ml (assayed by a modified Boyden chamber).
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified protein produced in E. coli - lyophilised
- Reconstitute with 0.25ml distilled water
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution. For extended storage the addition of 0.1% bovine serum albumin (BSA) is recommended.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present.
- Carrier Free
- >98% by SDS PAGE and HPLC analysis
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 0.1 mg/ml after reconstitution.
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 8.4kD (72 Amino acid sequence)
- Endotoxin Level
- < 0.1 ng/ug
- Prior to reconstitution store at -20oC. Following reconstitution store at -20oC.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Guaranteed for 3 months from the date of reconstitution or until the date of expiry, whichever comes first. Please see label for expiry date.
- Entrez Gene
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Where this protein has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate positive/negative controls.
- Recombinant human IL-8 may be used as the standard for ELISA applications with either a purified human IL-8 antibody (AHP781) or a biotinylated human IL-8 antibody (AHP781B)
- Western Blotting
- Recombinant human IL-8 may be used as the positive control for Western Blotting applications with either a purified human IL-8 antibody (AHP781) or a biotinylated human IL-8 antibody (AHP781B).
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra