Human interleukin-3 is an E. coli-derived recombinant protein corresponding to full-length mature human interleukin-3. Interleukin-3 supports the formation of multilineage colonies in the early development of multipotent haematopoietic progenitor cells. It has been shown to induce colony formation of macrophages, neutrophils, mast cells and megakaryocytes from agar-suspended bone marrow cells.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilised
- Reconstitute with 0.1 ml distilled water. Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently vortexed after reconstitution and microcentrifuged before use.
- Recombinant protein expressed in E. coli.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Carrier Free
- >1 x 107 units/mg
- >98% by SDS PAGE analysis and N terminal sequence analysis
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 15kDa (133 amino acids)
- Endotoxin Level
- < 0.1 ng/ug
- Prior to reconstitution store at +4oC. Following reconstitution store at -20oC. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 3 months from date of reconstitution
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
interleukin-3 receptor binding
nervous system development
growth factor activity
positive regulation of cell proliferation
positive regulation of tyrosine phosphorylation of Stat5 protein
positive regulation of DNA replication
positive regulation of survival gene product expression
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Product Specific References
References for IL-3
Matsuyama, N. et al. (2015) The IgE-dependent pathway in allergic transfusion reactions: involvement of donor blood allergens other than plasma proteins.
Int J Hematol. 102 (1): 93-100.
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra