Recombinant Human Interleukin-17A (IL-17A) is a proinflammatory cytokine produced by activated T lymphocytes. It forms a disulfide-linked homodimer; the monomer subunit is ~15 kDa. Elevated levels of IL-17A are linked with several chronic inflammatory diseases including rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis and multiple sclerosis. This product has been demonstrated for use in a pharmacokinetic antigen capture ELISA with the monoclonal antibody drug secukinumab, using an anti-secukinumab antibody for detection.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilized
- Centrifuge vial prior to reconstitution. Reconstitute to 0.5 mg/ml by adding 0.4 ml ddH2O.
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Mix gently after reconstitution. Do not vortex.
- Recombinant protein expressed in E. coli and purified by affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- 20 mM Citrate Buffer, pH4.5, 0.1 M Sodium Chloride
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 1% Trehalose
- ≥90% determined by SDS-PAGE under reducing conditions and visualized by coomassie blue staining
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 0.5 mg/ml after reconstitution
- Protein Molecular Weight
- Predicted 15 kDa. The apparent molecular mass of the human IL-17A is approximately 15 kDa determined by SDS-PAGE under reducing conditions.
- Prior to reconstitution store at -70oC. Following reconstitution store at -20oC.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein.
- Guaranteed for 3 months from the date of reconstitution or until the date of expiry, whichever comes first. Please see label for expiry date.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
positive regulation of interleukin-23 production
positive regulation of osteoclast differentiation
positive regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)