Recombinant Human interleukin-17is a preparation of human interleukin-17 prepared in E. coli. Interleukin-17 is a disulphide-linked homodimer of two ~15.5 kDa subunits. High levels of IL-17 homodimer are produced by stimulated primary CD4 the T-cells from the peripheral blood. IL-17 is reported to enhance the expression of intracellular adhesion molecule-1 (ICAM-1) in human fibroblasts.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein expressed in E. coli - lyophilised
- Reconstitute with 25 ul distilled water
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- >98% by SDS PAGE and HPLC analysis
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 1.0 mg/ml after reconstitution
- Endotoxin Level
- <0.1 ng/ug
- Prior to reconstitution store at +4oC. Following reconstitution store at -20oC.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 3 months from date of reconstitution.
- Q16552 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- IL17A Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0001775 cell activation
- GO:0006915 apoptosis
- GO:0005125 cytokine activity
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006486 protein glycosylation
- GO:0006954 inflammatory response
- GO:0006955 immune response
- GO:0007267 cell-cell signaling
- GO:0032747 positive regulation of interleukin-23 production
- GO:0045672 positive regulation of osteoclast differentiation
- GO:0045944 positive regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- For research purposes only
Applications of IL-17
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2019 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)