This product is an E. coli-derived recombinant protein corresponding to full-length mature human Interleukin-15 (IL-15), a cytokine that stimulates proliferation of T-lymphocytes
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilised.
- Reconstitute with 20 ul distilled water. For extended storage the addition of 0.1% BSA and 0.09% sodium azide is recommended.
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
N.B. For functional studies do not add sodium azide
- Buffer Solution
- Sodium Phosphate
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- PHP099A has a specific activity of > 2 x 106 units/mg as determined by dose-dependent proliferation assay of CTLL-2 cells.
- >98% by SDS PAGE and HPLC
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Total protein concentration 0.5 mg/ml after reconstitution
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 12.9 kDa based on 115 amino acid sequence
- Endotoxin Level
- <0.1 ng/ug
- Prior to reconstitution store at +4oC. Following reconstitution store at -20oC
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 3 months from date of reconstitution.
- P40933 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- IL15 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0004871 signal transducer activity
- GO:0005887 integral to plasma membrane
- GO:0005125 cytokine activity
- GO:0005126 cytokine receptor binding
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0005624 membrane fraction
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0005768 endosome
- GO:0005794 Golgi apparatus
- GO:0006955 immune response
- GO:0007267 cell-cell signaling
- GO:0032740 positive regulation of interleukin-17 production
- GO:0034105 positive regulation of tissue remodeling
- GO:0050729 positive regulation of inflammatory response
- For research purposes only
Applications of IL-15
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this protein has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate positive/negative controls.
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)