IGFBP-7 (insulin-like growth factor binding protein-7) is a secreted protein which belongs to a family of IGF-BPs which regulate the biological activities and distribution of the insulin-like growth factors (IGFs), through binding to IGF-I and IGF-II. IGFBP-7 is expressed in many tumour types and acts as a suppressor of breast and prostate cancer cell lines. IGFBP-7 inhibits IGF-induced differentiation of skeletal muscle (myogenesis) and has implications in bone formation.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilized
- Reconstitute with 0.25 ml distilled water.
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution. For extended storage the additiona of 0.1% BSA is recommended.
- Purified recombinant IGFBP-7 expressed in E.coli.
- Buffer Solution
- 10mM Sodium Phosphate, pH6.8
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Carrier Free
- >98% by SDS PAGE and HPLC analysis.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 0.1 mg/ml after reconstitution
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 26.4 kDa (257 amino acid residues).
- Endotoxin Level
- Prior to reconstitution store at +4oC.
After reconstitution store at -20oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 3 months from date of reconstitution
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
regulation of cell growth
insulin-like growth factor binding
negative regulation of cell proliferation
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- This recombinant protein may be used as a standard in an ELISA with AHP1282.
- Western Blotting
- This recombinant protein may be as a positive control in western blotting for AHP1282 and may be run under either reducing or non-reducing conditions.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra