IGFBP-7 (insulin-like growth factor binding protein-7) is a secreted protein which belongs to a family of IGF-BPs which regulate the biological activities and distribution of the insulin-like growth factors (IGFs), through binding to IGF-I and IGF-II. IGFBP-7 is expressed in many tumour types and acts as a suppressor of breast and prostate cancer cell lines. IGFBP-7 inhibits IGF-induced differentiation of skeletal muscle (myogenesis) and has implications in bone formation.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilised
- Reconstitute with 0.25 ml distilled water.
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution. For extended storage the additiona of 0.1% BSA is recommended.
- Purified recombinant IGFBP-7 expressed in E.coli.
- Buffer Solution
- 10mM Sodium Phosphate, pH6.8
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- >98% by SDS PAGE and HPLC analysis.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 0.1 mg/ml after reconstitution
- Molecular Weight
- 26.4kD (257 amino acid residues).
- Endotoxin Level
- Prior to reconstitution store at +4oC.
After reconstitution store at -20oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 3 months from date of reconstitution.
- Q16270 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- IGFBP7 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0001558 regulation of cell growth
- GO:0007155 cell adhesion
- GO:0005520 insulin-like growth factor binding
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0008285 negative regulation of cell proliferation
- For research purposes only
Applications of IGFBP-7
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)