IFN Beta 1B
Recombinant human interferon beta 1b produced in E. coli is a single non-glycosylated variant form of the human interferon beta-1b polypeptide chain. The interferon gene was cloned from human fibroblasts and altered to substitute Serine for the Cysteine at residue 17.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified Recombinant protein - lyophilised.
- Reconstitute with 0.1ml distilled water.
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
- Purified recombinant Interferon beta 1b expressed in E. coli.
- Buffer Solution
- Lyophilised from a solution containing human albumin and dextrose.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- The Specific activity determined using a viral resistance assay is of 32 x 106 IU/mg.
The viral resistance assays used are the human WISH cell line and VSV, or the monkey VERO cell line and EMCV.
- >98% by SDS PAGE and HPLC analysis.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 0.1 mg/ml after reconstitution
- Molecular Weight
- 18.5 kDa (165 amino acid residues)
- Store at -20oC only.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 3 months from date of reconstitution.
- P01574 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- IFNB1 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0003714 transcription corepressor activity
- GO:0007596 blood coagulation
- GO:0005125 cytokine activity
- GO:0005132 interferon-alpha/beta receptor binding
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006917 induction of apoptosis
- GO:0006919 activation of caspase activity
- GO:0008285 negative regulation of cell proliferation
- GO:0010552 positive regulation of gene-specific transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0030101 natural killer cell activation
- GO:0032897 negative regulation of viral transcription
- GO:0042100 B cell proliferation
- GO:0045071 negative regulation of viral genome replication
- GO:0045089 positive regulation of innate immune response
- GO:0045343 regulation of MHC class I biosynthetic process
- GO:0046597 negative regulation of virion penetration into host cell
- GO:0051607 defense response to virus
- GO:0060337 type I interferon-mediated signaling pathway
- GO:0060338 regulation of type I interferon-mediated signaling pathway
- GO:0071360 cellular response to exogenous dsRNA
- For research purposes only
Applications of IFN Beta 1B
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Product Specific References
References for IFN Beta 1B
Happold, C. et al. (2014) Interferon-β Induces Loss of Spherogenicity and Overcomes Therapy Resistance of Glioblastoma Stem Cells.
Mol Cancer Ther. 13: 948-61.
Wolpert, F. et al. (2015) Interferon-β Modulates the Innate Immune Response against Glioblastoma Initiating Cells.
PLoS One. 10 (10): e0139603.
Eriksen, A.B. et al. (2015) Retinoic acid enhances the levels of IL-10 in TLR-stimulated B cells from patients with relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis.
J Neuroimmunol. 278: 11-8.