IFN Beta 1A
Interferons exhibit anti-viral and anti proliferative effects and also influence the immune response. Effects on the immune system mediated by interferons may be mediated by increased expression of major histocompatability complex (MHC) antigens. Interferon beta a has been shown to exhibit therapeutic efficacy against viral infections, different types of cancer and multiple sclerosis (Borden et al. 2007).
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Recombinant protein - lyophilised
- Reconstitute with 50ul of distilled water
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
- Buffer Solution
- 0.01M Sodium Acetate
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.34M Mannitol
0.9% human serum albumin
- 270 x 106 IU/mg, as determined in a viral resistance assay
- >98.0% as determined by HPLC and SDS-PAGE.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Total protein concentration 0.1 mg/ml after reconstitution
- Prior to reconstitution store at +4oC.
After reconstitution store at -20oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0003714 transcription corepressor activity
- GO:0007596 blood coagulation
- GO:0005125 cytokine activity
- GO:0005132 interferon-alpha/beta receptor binding
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006917 induction of apoptosis
- GO:0006919 activation of caspase activity
- GO:0008285 negative regulation of cell proliferation
- GO:0010552 positive regulation of gene-specific transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0030101 natural killer cell activation
- GO:0032897 negative regulation of viral transcription
- GO:0042100 B cell proliferation
- GO:0045071 negative regulation of viral genome replication
- GO:0045089 positive regulation of innate immune response
- GO:0045343 regulation of MHC class I biosynthetic process
- GO:0046597 negative regulation of virion penetration into host cell
- GO:0051607 defense response to virus
- GO:0060337 type I interferon-mediated signaling pathway
- GO:0060338 regulation of type I interferon-mediated signaling pathway
- GO:0071360 cellular response to exogenous dsRNA
- For research purposes only
Applications of IFN Beta 1A
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Product Specific References
Borden, E.C. et al. (2007) Interferons at age 50: past, current and future impact on biomedicine
Nat Rev Drug Discov. 6: 975-90