IFN Alpha A
Recombinant human lFN-α; A expressed in Escherichia coli.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Bovine
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - liquid
- Prepared by a combination of ion exchange, hydrophobic interactions and size exclusion chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- 8.5 x 107 units/ml
Activity is determined via cyopathic inhibition assay on MDBK cells.
- >95% by SDS PAGE
- Protein Molecular Weight
- Endotoxin Level
- < 1 EU/ug
- Store at -70oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 3 months from date of despatch.
- P01563 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- IFNA2 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0009615 response to virus
- GO:0007596 blood coagulation
- GO:0005125 cytokine activity
- GO:0005132 interferon-alpha/beta receptor binding
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006917 induction of apoptosis
- GO:0006954 inflammatory response
- GO:0007267 cell-cell signaling
- GO:0060337 type I interferon-mediated signaling pathway
- GO:0060338 regulation of type I interferon-mediated signaling pathway
- For research purposes only
Applications of IFN Alpha A
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Product Specific References
References for IFN Alpha A
Kamiya, T. et al. (2010) Increased caspase-2 activity is associated with induction of apoptosis in
IFN-beta sensitive melanoma cell lines.
J Interferon Cytokine Res 30: 349-57.
Mathieu, M.G. et al. (2014) The helicase HAGE prevents interferon-α-induced PML expression in ABCB5+ malignant melanoma-initiating cells by promoting the expression of SOCS1.
Cell Death Dis. 5:e1061.
Jinushi M et al. (2016) Measles Virus Genotype D Wild Strains Suppress Interferon-Stimulated Gene Expression More Potently than Laboratory Strains in SiHa Cells.
Viral Immunol. Apr 1. [Epub ahead of print]