- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified protein from human placenta - lyophilised
- Use 0.1 M acetic acid, pH 3.0. The dissolved collagen retains immunogenic properties. Thermal denaturation (5 min at 100ºC) converts dissolved collagen to gelatin.
- Purified by acetic acid extraction after pepsin treatment followed by serial salt precipitations and ion-exchange chromatography. Purity and retention of native helical structure was controlled by SDS-PAGE, ORD measurements and by reaction with anti-collagen type specific monoclonal antibodies.
- Buffer Solution
- Essentially salt free
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present.
- SDS PAGE: >95%
Human Collagen Type I <1% Human Collagen Type III <1% Human Collagen Type IV <5% Human Collagen Type VI <1%
- Prior to reconstitution store at +4oC.
After reconstitution store at -20oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product should be stored undiluted.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody.
Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- P20908 Related reagents
- P05997 Related reagents
- P25940 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- COL5A2 Related reagents
- COL5A1 Related reagents
- COL5A3 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0007155 cell adhesion
- GO:0005178 integrin binding
- GO:0005588 collagen type V
- GO:0007411 axon guidance
- GO:0008201 heparin binding
- GO:0030199 collagen fibril organization
- GO:0032964 collagen biosynthetic process
- GO:0035313 wound healing, spreading of epidermal cells
- GO:0043206 fibril organization
- GO:0043394 proteoglycan binding
- GO:0043588 skin development
- GO:0045112 integrin biosynthetic process
- GO:0048407 platelet-derived growth factor binding
- GO:0048592 eye morphogenesis
- GO:0005201 extracellular matrix structural constituent
- GO:0005518 collagen binding
- For research purposes only
Applications of Collagen V
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using the appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Product Specific References
References for Collagen V
Glanville, R.W. et al. (1979) Isolation and characterization of a native placental basement-membrane collagen and its component alpha chains
Eur. J. Biochem., 95: 383-389
Sage, H. & Bornstein, P. (1979) Characterization of a novel collagen chain in human placenta and its relation to AB collagen
Biochemistry. 18: 3815-3822
Klasson, S. C. et al. (1986) The effects of tissue pretreatment and pepsin levels on the isolation of collagens from human placenta
Coll. Rel. Res. 6: 397-402