CD54, otherwise known as ICAM-1, is a widely expressed type I integral membrane glycoprotein and member of the immunoglobulin superfamily, which acts as a ligand for the leukocyte integrin LFA-1 (CD11a/CD18) and Mac-1 integrins, and is the major receptor for human rhinovirus. CD54 is highly expressed on activated endothelial cells and plays a role in transendothelial cell migration to sites of acute inflammation, functioning primarily as an adhesion molecule between endothelial cells and leucocytes, following injury or stress. Levels of soluble CD54 in serum, can be potentially used as an indication of infection, inflammation and certain tumours, and as a target for immunosuppression in transplantation.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilized
- Reconstitute with 0.5 ml distilled water. Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
- Purified recombinant CD54 expressed in CHO cells
- Buffer Solution
- 10mM Sodium Phosphate
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Carrier Free
- CD54 supported the adhesion of more than 50% PMA-stimulated HSB2 cells to plates coated at a CD54 concentration of 25ng/ml.
- >98% by SDS PAGE and HPLC analysis
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 0.1 mg/ml after reconstitution
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 49.5 kDa (453 amino acid residues)
- Endotoxin Level
- < 1.0 EU/ug
- Prior to reconstitution store at +4oC.
After reconstitution store at -20oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 3 months from date of reconstitution
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
heterophilic cell-cell adhesion
regulation of leukocyte mediated cytotoxicity
T cell activation via T cell receptor contact with antigen bound to MHC molecule on antigen presenting cell
positive regulation of cellular extravasation
transmembrane receptor activity
integral to plasma membrane
leukocyte cell-cell adhesion
membrane to membrane docking
virion attachment, binding of host cell surface receptor
regulation of immune response
adhesion to symbiont
interferon-gamma-mediated signaling pathway
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- PHP250 may be used as a standard in ELISA applications involving AHP2183 or AHP2183B.
- Western Blotting
- PHP250 may be used as a positive control for western blotting applications involving AHP2183 or AHP2183B.
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)