CD54, otherwise known as ICAM-1, is a widely expressed type I integral membrane glycoprotein and member of the immunoglobulin superfamily, which acts as a ligand for the leukocyte integrin LFA-1 (CD11a/CD18) and Mac-1 integrins, and is the major receptor for human rhinovirus. CD54 is highly expressed on activated endothelial cells and plays a role in transendothelial cell migration to sites of acute inflammation, functioning primarily as an adhesion molecule between endothelial cells and leucocytes, following injury or stress. Levels of soluble CD54 in serum, can be potentially used as an indication of infection, inflammation and certain tumours, and as a target for immunosuppression in transplantation.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilised
- Reconstitute with 0.5ml distilled water
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
- Purified recombinant CD54 expressed in CHO cells
- Buffer Solution
- 10mM Sodium Phosphate
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- CD54 supported the adhesion of more than 50% PMA-stimulated HSB2 cells to plates coated at a CD54 concentration of 25ng/ml.
- >98% by SDS PAGE and HPLC analysis
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 0.1mg/ml after reconstitution
- Molecular Weight
- 49.5kD (453 amino acid residues)
- Endotoxin Level
- Prior to reconstitution store at +4oC.
After reconstitution store at -20oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 3 months from date of reconstitution.
- P05362 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- ICAM1 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0007157 heterophilic cell-cell adhesion
- GO:0001910 regulation of leukocyte mediated cytotoxicity
- GO:0002291 T cell activation via T cell receptor contact with antigen bound to MHC molecule on antigen presenting cell
- GO:0002693 positive regulation of cellular extravasation
- GO:0004888 transmembrane receptor activity
- GO:0005887 integral to plasma membrane
- GO:0005178 integrin binding
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0007159 leukocyte cell-cell adhesion
- GO:0022614 membrane to membrane docking
- GO:0046813 virion attachment, binding of host cell surface receptor
- GO:0050776 regulation of immune response
- GO:0050900 leukocyte migration
- GO:0051856 adhesion to symbiont
- GO:0060333 interferon-gamma-mediated signaling pathway
- For research purposes only
Applications of CD54
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)