Recombinant Human CD31 antigen expressed in HEK293 cells comprises the extracellular domain of CD31, otherwise known as PECAM-1, a member of the Ig-related superfamily of adhesion molecules, expressed by endothelial cells, platelets, granulocytes and some lymphocytes, and plays a key role as a mediator of leucocyte-endothelial cell adhesion and leucocyte transendothelial migration, during inflammatory responses. CD31 has been linked with various inflammatory disorders including atherosclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and multiple sclerosis (MS).
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilized
- Reconstitute with 500 ul distilled water. Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
- Purified recombinant CD31 expressed in HEK293 cells
- Buffer Solution
- 10 mM Sodium Phosphate
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Carrier Free
- Determined by its ability to support the adhesion of activated Jurkat cells. The expected ED50 for this effect is 1.0 -1.5 μg/ml.
- >97% by SDS PAGE and HPLC analysis
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 0.1 mg/ml after reconstitution
- Protein Molecular Weight
- Recombinant protein comprising the extracellular domain of CD31 (572 amino acid residues). Monomeric glycosylated CD31 migrates at approximately 80-95 kDa by SDS PAGE, under reducing conditions.
- Endotoxin Level
- < 1.0 EU/ug
- Prior to reconstitution store at +4oC.
After reconstitution store at -20oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 3 months from date of reconstitution
- Entrez Gene
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra