Recombinant Human CD31 antigen expressed in HEK293 cells comprises the extracellular domain of CD31, otherwise known as PECAM-1, a member of the Ig-related superfamily of adhesion molecules, expressed by endothelial cells, platelets, granulocytes and some lymphocytes, and plays a key role as a mediator of leucocyte-endothelial cell adhesion and leucocyte transendothelial migration, during inflammatory responses. CD31 has been linked with various inflammatory disorders including atherosclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and multiple sclerosis (MS).
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilised
- Reconstitute with 500ul distilled water
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
- Purified recombinant CD31 expressed in HEK293 cells
- Buffer Solution
- 10 mM Sodium Phosphate
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Determined by its ability to support the adhesion of activated Jurkat cells. The expected ED50 for this effect is 1.0 -1.5 μg/ml.
- >97% by SDS PAGE and HPLC analysis
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 0.1mg/ml after reconstitution
- Molecular Weight
- Recombinant human CD31 comprises the extracellular domain of CD31, consisting of 572 amino acid residues. Monomeric glycosylated CD31 migrates at approximately 80-95kDa by SDS-PAGE, under reducing conditions.
- Endotoxin Level
- Prior to reconstitution store at +4oC.
After reconstitution store at -20oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 3 months from date of reconstitution.
- P16284 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- PECAM1 Related reagents
- For research purposes only
Applications of CD31
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)