Filter by Application:FN Reset
Recombinant Human CD253
- Product Type
- Recombinant Protein
|Recombinant human CD253 is a 19.6 kDa protein comprised of 168 amino acids which correspond to the TNF-homologous region of the extracellular domain of human TRAIL/ApoL2.
TNF-related apoptosis-inducing ligand (TRAIL) is expressed in many tissues including spleen, lung and prostate (Wiley et al, 1995) and is capable of inducing apoptosis in a tumor specific manner (Walczak et al, 1997). Apoptosis is initiated by the binding of the two death receptors DR4 and DR5 which initiate cell death signaling via the caspase cascade. There are however two decoy receptors DcR1 and DcR2 which competitively bind to CD253 but do not initiate apoptosis (Allen and El-Deiry, 2012).
A potential use for TRAIL as an anti-tumor therapeutic agent has been identified, demonstrating tumoricidal activity in approximately two thirds of tumor cell lines tested (Griffith et al, 1999).
Recombinant human CD253 is the immunogen used to produce Rabbit anti human CD253 (AHP1215).
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilized
- Reconstitute with 0.1 ml distilled water. For extended storage, the addition of 0.1% BSA is recommended.
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
- Recombinant protein expressed in E.coli
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Carrier Free
- >98% by SDS PAGE and HPLC analysis
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 0.5 mg/ml after reconstitution.
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 19.6kD (169 amino acid sequence)
- Endotoxin Level
- < 0.1 ng/ug
- For research purposes only
- Guaranteed for 3 months from the date of reconstitution or until the date of expiry, whichever comes first. Please see label for expiry date.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Recombinant human CD253 may be used as a standard for ELISA applications with anti human CD253 (purified)
- Western Blotting
- Recombinant human CD253 may be used as the positive control for western blotting applications with anti human CD253 (purified)
References for CD253
Bumdelger, B. et al. (2016) Osteoprotegerin Prevents Development of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms.
PLoS One. 11 (1): e0147088.
Kamata, R. et al. (2016) EPA Prevents the Development of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms through Gpr-120/Ffar-4.
PLoS One. 11 (10): e0165132.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0007165 signal transduction
- GO:0005887 integral to plasma membrane
- GO:0005125 cytokine activity
- GO:0005164 tumor necrosis factor receptor binding
- GO:0046872 metal ion binding
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0005625 soluble fraction
- GO:0006919 activation of caspase activity
- GO:0006955 immune response
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0007267 cell-cell signaling
- GO:0008624 induction of apoptosis by extracellular signals
- GO:0008633 activation of pro-apoptotic gene products
- GO:0043123 positive regulation of I-kappaB kinase/NF-kappaB cascade
Please Note: All Products are "FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY"View all Anti-Human Products
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up