Recombinant human CD120b is an 18.9 kDa peptide comprised of 174 amino acids representing the soluble form of CD120b. Soluble human CD120b, otherwise known as sTNF receptor type II (sTNFRII), is a member of the tumour necrosis factor receptor (TNFR) superfamily, produced by proteolytic cleavage of the membrane form by the metalloprotease TACE.
CD120b plays a key role in regulating the inflammatory response, acting as a receptor for both tumour necrosis factor alpha (TNF-alpha) and TNF-beta, and is also involved in programmed cell death and anti-viral activity. sTNFRII acts as an inhibitor of TNF-alpha induced responses, by acting as a decoy receptor.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilized
- Reconstitute with 0.2 ml distilled water. For extended storage the addition of 0.1% BSA is recommended.
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
- Purified recombinant CD120b expressed in E.coli
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Carrier Free
- Determined by its inhibitory effect of the TNF-alpha mediated cytotoxicity in murine L-929 cells. The ED50 for this effect in the presence of 0.25 ng/ml of recombinant human TNF-alpha is 0.125 µg/ml.
- >98% by SDS PAGE and HPLC
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 0.1 mg/ml after reconstitution.
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 18.9 kDa (174 amino acid residues)
- Endotoxin Level
- < 1.0 EU/ug
- Prior to reconstitution store at +4oC.
After reconstitution store at -20oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 3 months from date of reconstitution
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
integral to membrane
tumor necrosis factor receptor activity
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Recombinant human CD120b may be used as a standard for ELISA applications with either a purified human CD120b antibody (AHP1833) or a biotinylated human CD120b antibody (AHP1833B).
- Western Blotting
- Recombinant human CD120b may be used as the positive control in Western Blotting applications with either a purified human CD120b antibody (AHP1833) or a biotinylated human CD120b antibody (AHP1833B).
Copyright © 2022 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Useful Reagents Available
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra