CD120b plays a key role in regulating the inflammatory response, acting as a receptor for both tumour necrosis factor alpha (TNF-alpha) and TNF-beta, and is also involved in programmed cell death and anti-viral activity. sTNFRII acts as an inhibitor of TNF-alpha induced responses, by acting as a decoy receptor.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilized
- Reconstitute with 0.2 ml distilled water. For extended storage the addition of 0.1% BSA is recommended.
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
- Purified recombinant CD120b expressed in E.coli
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Determined by its inhibitory effect of the TNF-alpha mediated cytotoxicity in murine L-929 cells. The ED50 for this effect in the presence of 0.25 ng/ml of recombinant human TNF-alpha is 0.125 µg/ml.
- >98% by SDS PAGE and HPLC
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 0.1 mg/ml after reconstitution.
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 18.9 kDa (174 amino acid residues)
- Endotoxin Level
- <1 EU/ug
- Prior to reconstitution store at +4oC.
After reconstitution store at -20oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 3 months from date of reconstitution
- P20333 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- TNFRSF1B Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0006915 apoptosis
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- GO:0005576 extracellular region
- GO:0005031 tumor necrosis factor receptor activity
- GO:0045121 membrane raft
- For research purposes only
Applications of CD120b
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Western Blotting||1.5||3.0 ng/lane|
- Recombinant human CD120b may be used as a standard for ELISA applications with either a purified human CD120b antibody (AHP1833) or a biotinylated human CD120b antibody (AHP1833B).
- Western Blotting
- Recombinant human CD120b may be used as the positive control in Western Blotting applications with either a purified human CD120b antibody (AHP1833) or a biotinylated human CD120b antibody (AHP1833B).