Beta 2 Microglobulin
Beta 2 microglobulin is a component of MHC class I molecules which are present on all nucleated cells. Levels of beta 2 microglobulin can be used to assess renal function in kidney transplant recipients. Also known as B2M, it has been suggested that this protein can be used as a prognostic marker for HIV infection.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified human beta 2 microglobulin - liquid
- 0.2 µM sterile filtered
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline, 1mM EDTA
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- >95% by SDS-PAGE
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 1.0 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC. DO NOT FREEZE.
This product should be stored undiluted. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 12 months from date of despatch.
- P61769 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- B2M Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0000139 Golgi membrane
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0002474 antigen processing and presentation of peptide antigen via MHC class I
- GO:0042612 MHC class I protein complex
- GO:0006955 immune response
- GO:0016032 viral reproduction
- GO:0031901 early endosome membrane
- GO:0050690 regulation of defense response to virus by virus
- GO:0060333 interferon-gamma-mediated signaling pathway
- For research purposes only
Applications of Beta 2 Microglobulin
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)