Beta 2 Microglobulin
|Native beta-2 microglobulin is a component of MHC class I molecules, which are present on all nucleated cells. Levels of beta-2 microglobulin can be used to assess renal function in kidney transplant recipients. Also known as B2M, it has been suggested that this protein can be used as a prognostic marker for HIV infection.|
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Human beta-2 microglobulin - lyophilized
- Reconstitute with 1.0ml sterile PBS
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
- Human beta-2 microglobulin was prepared from urine from patients with renal tubular proteinuria.
- Buffer Solution
- Ammonium bicarbonate
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present.
- >40% by SDS-PAGE
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 12 kDa
- For research purposes only
- Guaranteed until date of expiry. Please see product label.
After reconstitution store at -20oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0000139 Golgi membrane
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0002474 antigen processing and presentation of peptide antigen via MHC class I
- GO:0042612 MHC class I protein complex
- GO:0006955 immune response
- GO:0016032 viral reproduction
- GO:0031901 early endosome membrane
- GO:0050690 regulation of defense response to virus by virus
- GO:0060333 interferon-gamma-mediated signaling pathway
- View More GO Terms
Please Note: All Products are "FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY"View all Anti-Human Products
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up