Annexin II (ANXA2), otherwise known as Lipocortin II, is a pleiotropic calcium-dependent phospholipid-binding protein and member of the annexin family, which acts as an autocrine factor, enhancing the formation of osteoclasts and resorption of bone, and is implicated in both exocytosis and endocytosis. ANXA2 is a substrate for both tyrosine and serine/threonine kinases, and is phosphorylated following growth factor stimulation and cellular activation by viral transformation.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - liquid
- Purified recombinant 6xHis-tagged ANXA2 expressed in E.coli
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 0.1 mg/ml
- Molecular Weight
- 41.3kD (361 amino acid residues with tag)
- Endotoxin Level
- <0.1 ng/ug
- Store at -70oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 12 months from date of despatch.
- P07355 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- ANXA2 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0001501 skeletal system development
- GO:0005509 calcium ion binding
- GO:0004859 phospholipase inhibitor activity
- GO:0005544 calcium-dependent phospholipid binding
- GO:0005604 basement membrane
- GO:0005625 soluble fraction
- GO:0008092 cytoskeletal protein binding
- GO:0030496 midbody
- GO:0031340 positive regulation of vesicle fusion
- GO:0042470 melanosome
- His-tag is a registered trademark of EMD Biosciences.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Annexin II
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)