Alpha 2 Macroglobulin
Alpha-2-Macroglobulin, also known as α2-macroglobulin and abbreviated as α2M and A2M, is a tetrameric glycoprotein produced in the liver and found in blood. It is involved in proteinase inhibition via a unique "trapping" mechanism.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified alpha-2-macroglobulin from human serum - liquid
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.1M Sucrose
- >96% by SDS PAGE
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Total protein concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Molecular Weight
- 725 kDa
- Store at -20oC only.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein.
- Shelf Life
- 12 months from date of despatch.
- P01023 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- A2M Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0001869 negative regulation of complement activation, lectin pathway
- GO:0002576 platelet degranulation
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0004867 serine-type endopeptidase inhibitor activity
- GO:0005096 GTPase activator activity
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0007264 small GTPase mediated signal transduction
- GO:0007597 blood coagulation, intrinsic pathway
- GO:0019899 enzyme binding
- GO:0019959 interleukin-8 binding
- GO:0019966 interleukin-1 binding
- GO:0030168 platelet activation
- GO:0031093 platelet alpha granule lumen
- GO:0043120 tumor necrosis factor binding
- GO:0051056 regulation of small GTPase mediated signal transduction
- For research purposes only
Applications of Alpha 2 Macroglobulin
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using the appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Product Specific References
References for Alpha 2 Macroglobulin
Barret, A. J. et al. (1981) Alpha 2-macroglobulin.
Methods Enzymol 80: 737-754.