This preparation of equine interleukin 8 has an ED50 in the range 20-25 ng/ml determined by studies of the induction of equine IL-8 on neutrophil migration in vitro.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilised
- Reconstitute with 0.5 ml distilled water. Further dilutions should be made in a buffer containing carrier protein.
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
- Recombinant protein expressed in pichia pastoris
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- >95% by SDS PAGE analysis
- Protein Molecular Weight
- Prior to reconstitution store at +4oC.
Following reconstitution store at -70oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006954 inflammatory response
- GO:0006955 immune response
- GO:0008009 chemokine activity
- For research purposes only
Applications of IL-8
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Product Specific References
References for IL-8
Van de Walle, G.R.et al. (2009) Analysis of the herpesvirus chemokine-binding glycoprotein G residues essential for chemokine binding and biological activity.
J Biol Chem. 284: 5968-76.
Van de Walle, G.R.et al. (2007) Herpesvirus chemokine-binding glycoprotein G (gG) efficiently inhibits neutrophil
chemotaxis in vitro and in vivo. PubMed
J Immunol. 179: 4161-9.
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra