Native Candida rugosa cholesterol esterase is a preparation of purified cholesterol esterase from the yeast Candida rugosa. Cholesterol esterase is an enzyme that catalyses the hydrolysis of cholesterol and some other sterol esters to liberate cholesterol plus a fatty acid anion.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified enzyme from Candida rugosa - liquid
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- 6 U/mgOne unit catalyses the hydrolysis of one micromole of cholestrol ester per minute in the presence of Sodium cholate at 37ºC, pH 6.7
- Biuret: 90%
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 100 mg/ml
- Store at -20oC only.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 12 months from date of despatch.
- P32947 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0004806 triglyceride lipase activity
- GO:0008203 cholesterol metabolic process
- GO:0016042 lipid catabolic process
- For research purposes only
Applications of Cholesterol Esterase
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using the appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)