Serum Amyloid A
Serum amyloid A proteins are a family of acute phase proteins, produced primarily by the liver, highly conserved in vertebrate species, and used as markers of inflammation.
Canine SAA, as with SAA in other species, is present in different isoforms, this recombinant protein corresponds to isoform 1 (SAA1). Canine SAA is composed of 111 amino acids and differs from human SAA by having an 8 aa sequence insert in the central region of the sequence.
With similar biochemical properties to the native canine SAA, this reagent may be used as a standard in immunoassays for dog serum amyloid A.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilized
- Reconstitute with 1.0 ml distilled water. Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
- Purified by affinity and reversed-phase chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- 0.01M HCl
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 0.1 mg/ml after reconstitution
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 13.8 kDa
- Prior to reconstitution store at -20oC.
After reconstitution store at -20oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product should be stored undiluted.
- 6 months from date of despatch
- GO Terms
- GO:0006953 acute-phase response
- GO:0034364 high-density lipoprotein particle
- For research purposes only
Applications of Serum Amyloid A
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|