Recombinant Bovine interleukin-4 may be used as a standard in ELISA assays to determine bovine IL - 4 levels. This product demonstrates functional activity in activation assays utilising bovine B lymphocytes, although a formal ED50 value has not been determined.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Tissue Culture Supernatant from COS-7 cells expressing recombinant bovine Interleukin - 4 - lyophilised
- Reconstitute with 1 ml distilled water
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 1% Bovine Serum Albumin
The addition of 0.09% w/v sodium azide is recommended for long term storage at 4oC.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- rbov IL - 4 at 36 ng/ml
- Prior to reconstitution store at +4oC.
After reconstitution store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 12 months from date of reconstitution.
- P30367 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- IL4 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005125 cytokine activity
- GO:0005136 interleukin-4 receptor binding
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006955 immune response
- GO:0008083 growth factor activity
- GO:0030890 positive regulation of B cell proliferation
- GO:0042113 B cell activation
- GO:0043066 negative regulation of apoptosis
- GO:0045348 positive regulation of MHC class II biosynthetic process
- GO:0045671 negative regulation of osteoclast differentiation
- GO:0045944 positive regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0048295 positive regulation of isotype switching to IgE isotypes
- GO:0048304 positive regulation of isotype switching to IgG isotypes
- For research purposes only
Applications of IL-4
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this protein has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate positive/negative controls.
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)