Native Bovine Carbonic Anhydrase is a zinc-containing enzyme that acts as a catalyst in the conversion of carbon dioxide to bicarbonate.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified protein from bovine erythrocytes - liquid
- 0.75g protein/g (1 unit as described above is equivalent to approximately 2000 Wilbur Anderson units [J. Biol. Chem. (1948) 176:147]
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- 700 U/g
1 unit hydrolyses 1 µmole of p-nitrophenyl acetate per minute at pH 7.6 / 25ºC
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Total protein concentration 200mg/ml.
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 30 kDa
- Store at -20oC only.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody.
Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 12 months from date of despatch.
- P00921 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- CA2 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0004089 carbonate dehydratase activity
- GO:0006730 one-carbon metabolic process
- For research purposes only
Applications of Carbonic Anhydrase
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)